The Indian Air Force (IAF) holds an Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for the Flying, Ground, and Technical Branches twice a year. The examination is open to both male and female applicants. The exam is well-known for its high degree of difficulty and competitive format. Candidates don’t merely have to memorise the syllabus to pass the exam. Furthermore, in order to qualify AFCAT Exam, candidates must have a very strategic and goal-oriented plan.
Cut-off marks for this exam often vary from 125 to 130 (excluding EKT), making it critical for candidates to concentrate on key topics in each part. Candidates that are studying for the exam should make sure that they cover all of the relevant topics. Check out this post if you’re still unsure about what to study for the Air Force’s common admission test.
To begin with, reviewing the AFCAT syllabus is one of the simplest ways to gain a comprehensive understanding of the themes and topics covered in any exam. Questions from Verbal Ability in English, General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude, Military Reasoning, and Reasoning are included in this paper.
AFCAT – Important Topics to Cover
Now that you have a good understanding of the syllabus and exam format, it’s time to go through the major subjects in each part. It will assist you in effectively preparing for the AFCAT and achieving excellent results.
Read more about: f95zone
Verbal Ability in AFCAT
This portion follows a set format, and some topics are always included in the exam. Knowing this will undoubtedly aid you in getting good grades in this part. The following are key themes in English Verbal Ability:
Read more about: topportal
- Spotting the errors: You should work on your grammar in this area and review the fundamentals such as nouns, pronouns, tense, phrases, and adjectives.
- Synonyms and Antonyms: Because it is impossible to learn every single word in English, you can study past papers or take AFCAT online exams to prepare for this area.
- Jumbled Sentences: This is a challenging element of the English section since you must put the options in order. As a result, you should use the options to solve this and try to locate the correct answer.
- Ordering of Sentences: To prepare for this section, consider the question as a tale narration and use the options to arrive at the correct answer.
Other topics taught in verbal ability include a spelling test, a Cloze test, a one-word substitution, typical mistakes, and idioms.
General Awareness in AFCAT
In the AFCAT, a part called general awareness has a variety of questions. This section covers the following important topics. You must visit BYJU’S Exam Prep that will help you to prepare General Awareness as well as other topics in the most effective manner.
- Current Affairs, which you may prepare by reading newspapers and journals such as Competitive Success Review, as well as subscribing to select internet websites that provide daily news updates and downloading mobile apps linked to the subject.
- History, For this, you’ll need a food reference book like Lucent, Pathfinder, or something like.
- Geography, You must concentrate on India’s physical features, such as rivers, mountains, deltas, and estuaries.
- Indian Polity, One of the most difficult passages is this one. To remember information and data concerning various aspects of the Indian constitution, you’ll need to keep track of them on a regular basis.
- Economics, which you can thoroughly prepare by studying 5-year plans, economic concepts, census data, and so forth.
- Science that covers fundamental principles for which earlier publications can be used
Other themes covered in the GK section include sports, satellites, defence, national parks, missiles, and aeroplanes.
Reasoning in AFCAT
Reasoning Ability accounts for roughly 35% of the AFCAT question paper. You should practise as much as possible before taking this section. Figure series, figure analogy, odd one out, and Venn diagram are all important aspects of reasoning.
Numerical Aptitude in AFCAT
Ratio, Profit & Loss, Involution, Simple/Compound Interest, and Work/Energy make up about 97 percent of the problems in a numerical aptitude test. You can easily perform well on the exam if you prepare for these crucial topics.
- Ratio: Keep in mind that significant derivatives such as a:b and b:c yield the value of a:b:c.
- Profit & Loss: Check and comprehend the selling price, cost price, market price, error percentage, and consecutive discount formulas to prepare for this topic.
- Simple and Compound Interest: You’ll need to use basic formulas for this..
Above all, prepare thoroughly for questions involving canisters, buckets, and pipes.
Helpful tips to boost your AFCAT preparation:
- To achieve well in mathematics, first increase your calculation speed.
- Follow the newest headlines to stay informed about current events.
- Because this test is based on logical reasoning, students should be psychologically prepared to answer a variety of questions.
- Reading an English newspaper can help you stay up to date on current events while also expanding your vocabulary.
- Finally, practise with AFCAT past year exams to acquire a feel for the types of questions
that will be asked in the exam.
To get the latest and the updated information for AFCAT exam, you must visit BYJU’S Exam Pre.
Stay Connected With Education Blog India